Saturday, 29 October 2011
We watched a video about how a husband and wife survive in the wild without any resources with them. They were on a boat in the Bermuda Triangle when their boat stopped.They now had to fend for themselves in the middle of the ocean. It has been brought to my attention that some of the things that they had to stand Pi would also have to stand.
- Heatstroke: Being in a boat with no shade would be a terrible hazard to his health, heatstroke is very dangerous when you are by yourself, because when the sickness hits you, every time you move you feel sick and your cold and hot at the same time. This would be one of the worst things to go through when you're by yourself.
- Starvation: Pi would have to endure the agonizing pain of starvation as there would be very little food to live on on that boat. He is on a boat with a tiger and a hyena, two very ferocious animals, why would you even want to think about looking for food when it will most likely be taken away from you by a carnivorous animal?
- He is on a boat with a tiger and a hyena, death is almost inevitable.
- Spiritually, Mentally, Physically, in every possible way Pi is growing weaker. His faith is growing weary, his body has grown tired. As said before, with a hyena and a tiger on board, death is the prominent option.
- Everything is hitting him all at once; Starvation, dehydration, tiredness, fear. He just doesn't care anymore. He's relatively suicidal.
- He cannot get out and swim, there are sharks, he can't really move because if he moves one way a tiger will get him, he moves another way, and a hyena will get him.